2019 CI Student Camp to China
Student camps are one of the best ways to inspire and motivate students in terms of their language learning, as well as life goals.
In 2019, the Confucius Institute at VUW is offering to organize and lead our own student camp to China. All students meeting the criteria below are welcome to apply.
Proposed dates: 21st September-5th October
- The group will spend five days at our partner institution Xiamen University, in an immersion Chinese language and culture programme.
- Two adult (NZ-based) chaperones will accompany the group.
- Parents and/or teachers may accompany the group at their own expense.
- Hanban will cover the cost of students’ food, accommodation, transportation, and the majority of group activities while in China (any additional costs for eg day trips will be advised early on).
- International airfares and health insurance need to be met by the students themselves (exact costs will be advised early on, but estimated at approx $2,200).
- A minimum number of 15 students are required for Hanban support of a student camp.
- Students should all be NZ permanent residents, and aged 15-18.
- Participating students should not have been part of previous Hanban student camps.
- All students should have taken the HSK test, at least Level 1. The Confucius Institute can organise testing as required.
- Two NZ-based chaperones will accompany the group. Additional teachers/parents may accompany the group at their own expense.
Deadline for applications: Friday 12th April.
Please email Confucius Institute for further details and an application form.