We host a number of graduate recruitment events throughout the year, where you can meet potential employers and find out about jobs and internships.
Graduate recruitment events include a range of activities:
- Careers Expos
- Employer Presentations and Information Sessions
- Industry and Networking Events
- On-campus interviews and assessments
- Meet with recruiters in an informal yet professional environment.
- Learn about the type of work being offered across a range of options.
- Hear about the experiences of recent recruits.
- Find out how organisations differ.
- Discover the skills and attributes valued by employers.
- Gain "exposure" to potential employers and establish a personal relationship before making an application.
- Get familiar with the language of the workplace and graduate recruitment.
- Develop the confidence required to apply for a range of professional opportunities.
How to get involved
- Come and visit Careers and Employment at HU120 in the Hunter Building.
- Browse and book events, appointments and more on CareerHub.
- Always keep your contact details up-to-date (your email address is critical).
- Login regularly to view and up-date information and messages.
- Check the Graduate Recruitment category on CareerHub throughout the year and note organisations or events of interest.
- Attend career expos and presentations/information sessions of organisations you intend to apply to.
- Try to attend a wider range of presentations than those of immediate interest to raise awareness of opportunities that you might not have considered.
- Make sure you have prepared a quality CV and that you're well prepared for interviews. Careers and Employment run regular workshops on topics such as CV Preparation, Interview Skills and Assessment Centres.