Katharine Jermyn Hall
A first-year hall in the central city, Katharine Jermyn Hall is committed to developing a culture that encourages involvement, responsibility and achievement.
- Katharine Jermyn Hall is a fully-catered hall of residence designed to support the needs of first-year students. The Hall is a high-rise building with 390 furnished single rooms.
- Bedrooms are fully furnished and heated. Wireless internet access is available throughout the Hall.
- All 14 floors include a large communal lounge, kitchenette, and study room. The Hall also includes a large TV and games lounge, music practice room, fully-equipped gym and two cinema lounges.
- 10-minute walk to Kelburn or Pipitea campus, 15-minute walk to Te Aro campus.
Fees quoted are for 2020 and are subject to change. Rates will be confirmed when you receive your offer.
- Residential Advisors live on-site to provide academic support and pastoral care. A healthy, balanced lifestyle is encouraged through regular academic, sporting and social events. The Hall also facilitates study groups and other academic support.
- An on-site Student Support Coordinator is available Monday to Thursday. Student Support Coordinators are registered health professionals who provide a confidential service for Hall residents with any health or wellbeing concerns, and are able to liaise with university staff to facilitate suitable healthcare and academic support.
- Katharine Jermyn Hall provides facilities suitable for residents with mobility needs.
Katharine Jermyn Hall serves three meals on weekdays, and brunch and dinner on Saturday and Sunday. Packed lunches and late dinners are available for students who are unable to dine during meal times. The Hall is able to cater for many special dietary requirements, including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free. Kitchenettes with kettles, microwaves and refrigerators are available on each floor.
Wireless internet is available throughout the Hall.
Basic bedroom furniture and kitchenette facilities are provided. View the Katharine Jermyn Hall Handbookpdf3MB.
Communal laundry facilities are provided. The laundry includes coin-operated washing machines and dryers, ironing equipment and tubs.
PO Box 600
100 Boulcott Street