Each year we pause to reflect on the impact we have made on the lives of our students, on Wellington and New Zealand and on the world.
Victoria University's 2017 Annual Report shares highlights from the year including significant research outcomes, outstanding staff successes, new learning and teaching initiatives and our growing connections with our local and global communities.
The report also documents the gains we have made towards achieving our strategic goals in areas such as leading debate on the big questions facing society, providing a student experience that is second to none and supporting future Māori and Pasifika scholars.
The quality of our research and teaching makes us the university of choice for students around New Zealand and further afield, with students from more than 100 countries being part of our community in 2017.
By reflecting on our progress each year, we will continue to improve the education and experience we offer those students, while also conducting research and introducing innovations that respond to the challenges of our time.
2017 Annual Report
Download the full 2017 Annual Report including audited financial statements for the year to 31 December 2017.
- pdf Interview with the Chancellor (88.0 KB)
- pdf Interview with the Vice-Chancellor (92.5 KB)
- pdf At a glance (555.2 KB)
- pdf Year in review (100.1 KB)
- pdf Distinctive strengths (71.2 KB)
- pdf Research (109.0 KB)
- pdf Awards and honours (338.0 KB)
- pdf Learning and teaching (143.1 KB)
- pdf Student experience (112.0 KB)
- pdf Māori at Victoria (128.4 KB)
- pdf Pasifika at Victoria (157.4 KB)
- pdf Sustainability (135.8 KB)
- pdf People and programmes (59.1 KB)
- pdf Community (80.4 KB)
- pdf Statement of service performance (67.3 KB)
- pdf Student levies (47.5 KB)
- pdf 2017 financial results (228.6 KB)
- pdf Council (287.4 KB)
- pdf Senior Leadership Team (260.5 KB)
- pdf 2017 Annual Report (3.8 MB)