Vic Venues are the main point of contact when hiring University facilities for events and conferences.
The University has more than 200 venues for hire across Kelburn and Pipitea campuses.
Our venues include:
- lecture theatres (60–340 people)
- seminar rooms
- foyer spaces.
Standard AV equipment is included in the venue hire. Most lecture theatres come equipped with data projectors, computers, audio amplifier, speakers and whiteboards.
Vic Venues provides guidance for all events and conferences. We can also provide an online registration process for your guests, so you will know how many people to expect.
All quotes are provided prior to the event.
Vic Venues has a list of trusted caterers who supply food for University functions. We can put you in touch with the caterer who best suits your needs.
Events with alcohol
Vic Venues are responsible for controlling all University events where alcoholic beverages are served in line with the Alcohol on Campus Policy.
If you'd like alcoholic beverages served at your event, speak to your Vic Venues contact about this and fill out the alcohol usage form prior to the function.
Floor plans of our popular locations at Kelburn and Pipitea campuses are available below.
- pdf Alan MacDiarmid building—Level 1 (80.5 KB)
- pdf Government buildings—Ground floor and lecture theatres (130.8 KB)
- pdf Maclaurin Lecture Theatres—Ground floor (32.6 KB)
- pdf Maclaurin Lecture Theatres—Level 1 (63.9 KB)
- pdf Maclaurin Lecture Theatres—Level 2 (30.1 KB)
- pdf Rutherford House—Ground floor (128.8 KB)
- pdf Rutherford House—Mezzanine floor (133.2 KB)
- pdf Student Union building—Level 1 (95.6 KB)
- pdf Student Union building—Level 3 (68.5 KB)
Vic Venues contacts
Get in touch with Vic Venues staff who can help you choose a venue, discuss associated costs and answer any other questions you might have throughout the process.
Email us email@example.com, or call one of our contacts: