On this page:
- Dean's List
- Scholarships and Prizes Available to Students
- Dean’s Award for Doctoral Achievement in the Faculty of Commerce
The Dean's List celebrates excellence in academic achievement for those students enrolled in an undergraduate degree programme at Victoria University of Wellington.
A Dean's List is prepared by each faculty and will normally include only students registered in qualifications offered by that faculty.
To qualify: students must be enrolled for at least 100 undergraduate points taken over a period that begins in Trimester Three of the previous year and ends at the conclusion of Trimester Two of the current year; achieve a grade point average of 7.5 or higher; have not failed any of their courses during the period of study.
Scholarships and Prizes Available to Students
There are a number of scholarships and prizes for students in Victoria Business School programmes; enquiries and applications should be directed to the relevant Programmes Director. Further information is available from the Scholarships website, including a download of the current Postgraduate Scholarships information, updated monthly.
- School of Accounting and Commercial Law
- School of Economics and Finance
- School of Marketing and International Business
Recipients of the Dean’s Award for Doctoral Achievement in the Faculty of Commerce
This award was instituted in the Faculty in order to recognise excellence in the quality of research and writing in the very best of our doctoral theses each year. The awards are made on the recommendations of the VBS Post-Graduate Degrees Committee, based on nominations from the School Research Degrees Committees, and thesis examiners’ reports.The award winners for 2011 were:
- Wan Adibah Binti Wan Ismail: Earnings Quality, Family Influence and Corporate Governance: Empirical Evidence from Malaysia
- Khairul Anuar Bin Kamarudin: Assessment of earnings conservatism in Malaysian financial reporting
- Rebecca Suzanne Bednarek: Strategizing for legitimacy in Pluralistic contexts: New Zealand's Science Sector
- Binh Thanh Bui: Strategy-Driven Implications for the Management Control Systems of Electricity Generators Due to Government Climate Change Policies
- Hartmut Hoehle: Consumer Intentions to use Electronic Banking Channels: The Role of Task Channel Fit