On this page:
- Dean's List
- Dean’s Award for Doctoral Achievement in the Faculty of Commerce
- Scholarships and Prizes Available to Students
The Dean's List celebrates excellence in academic achievement for those students enrolled in an undergraduate degree programme at Victoria University of Wellington.
A Dean's List is prepared by each faculty and will normally include only students registered in qualifications offered by that faculty.
To qualify, students must
- be enrolled for at least 100 undergraduate points taken over a period that begins in Trimester Three of the previous year and ends at the conclusion of Trimester Two of the current year
- achieve a grade point average of 7.5 or higher
- not fail any of their courses during the period of study
Information about the Dean's List is available from the Victoria University Student & Academic Policies page.
Recipients of the Dean’s Award for Doctoral Achievement in the Faculty of Commerce
This award was instituted in the Faculty in order to recognise excellence in the quality of research and writing in the very best of our doctoral theses each year. The awards are made on the recommendations of the VBS Post-Graduate Degrees Committee, based on nominations from the School Research Degrees Committees, and thesis examiners’ reports.
Award winners for 2014:
- Diandian Ma (PhD in Acccounting): Momentum, Acceleration and Non-Linearities in Equity Valuation on the Shanghai Stock Exchange
- Le Tran Bao Van (PhD in Information Systems): On the Discovery of Semantically Meaningful SQL Constraints from Armstrong Samples: Foundations, Implementations and Evaluation
- Maree Foley (PhD in Management): Hidden in Plain Sight: Manager-Employee Social Engagement Strategies
- Yuanindita Ingardya (PhD in Marketing): The Relationship Between Musicians and their Fans on Social Networking Sites: A Look into Musicians as Human Brands
Award winners for 2013:
- Paula Martin (PhD in Public Policy): Increasing the Rate of Living Donor Kidney Transplantation in New Zealand: Developing an Evidence Base
- Susan Wilson (PhD in Management): Thinking Differently about Leadership: A Critical History of the Form and Formation of Leadership Studies
Award winners for 2012:
- Saurabh Jain (PhD in Commercial Law): Effectiveness of the Beneficial Ownership Test in Conduit Company Cases
- Danaa Vandangombo (PhD in Accounting): Account(ing)/(Ability): Democratising the Environmental Impact Assessment in Mongolian Mining
- Nor Balkish Zakaria (PhD in Accounting): Corporate Governance and the Relationship Between Default Risk and the Earning Response Coefficient
- Alison O’Connell (PhD in Public Policy): Underestimating Lifespans? Why Longevity Risk Exists in Retirement Planning and Superannuation Policy
- Diane Strode (PhD in Information Systems): A Theory of Coordination in Agile Software Development Projects
Scholarships and Prizes Available to Students
There are a number of scholarships and prizes for students in Victoria Business School programmes; enquiries and applications should be directed to the relevant Programmes Director.
- School of Accounting and Commercial Law
- School of Economics and Finance
- School of Marketing and International Business