Victoria Business School

Student and Academic Services

On this page:

About Us

Victoria Business School offers undergraduate degrees in Commerce, Tourism and Business Information Systems as well as a number of postgraduate programmes. Our services relate to enrolment, degree planning, credit transfer, examinations, graduation and general enquiries.  We offer a full range of services at the Pipitea Campus where the majority of our team members are based, as well as customer services at the Kelburn Campus. For more information on the services we offer please contact us.

Location and Opening Hours

The Commerce Faculty Student and Academic Services office is located on Level 1 of the Railway West Wing at the Pipitea Campus.  Student enquiries should initially be directed to the counter located on the Ground Floor of Rutherford House.  An office for the Faculties of Commerce, Education, and Law is also located on the first floor of the Easterfield Building on Kelburn Parade, dealing with administration for students taking courses taught at the Kelburn campus.  For further information on counter hours and location details click here.

Back to top ^

What We Can Help You With

General student enquiries 

For all general enquiries please contact us.

Course advice 

Our Student Advisers can help with admission requirements, degree planning, transfer of credit from other tertiary institutions, postgraduate enrolment and any other issues that may arise relating to your studies. Current students should initially enquire at the Ground Floor counter of Rutherford House, or at Easterfield 118 in Kelburn, or alternatively contact us. Prospective students to Victoria University should contact Student Recruitment and Course Advice for general information.

Student Advisers are available for drop-in sessions at RWW 111. No appointment is necessary during the following times:


Students with surnames A-H

Monday 2-3 pm

Tuesday 9-10 am

Wednesday 10.30-11.30 am

Friday 9-10 am


Students with surnames I-P

Monday 9-10 am

Tuesday 10.30-11.30 am

Wednesday 2-3 am

Thursday 10.30-11.30 am


Students with surnames Q-Z

Monday 10.30-11.30 am

Tuesday 2-3 pm

Wednesday 9-10 am

Thursday 2-3 pm


Course advice is also available to first year students at EA 118 on Tuesday 2 – 4 pm during teaching weeks.


Back to top ^

Official academic transcript

An academic transcript lists the courses you studied and grades you achieved throughout university, as well as your qualification and what stage you are currently at in your studies. Click here for more information or download an application form.

Change of course

For information on the process to add or drop courses click here.


Examination timetables are normally published after the mid-trimester break. For more information on examinations click here.

Back to top ^

Degree audit

A degree audit is an assessment of what you need to do to complete your degree.  You can audit your degree yourself by downloading the appropriate degree audit form, or contact your Student Adviser for assistance.

Transfer of credit

If you have completed courses or a qualification equivalent to tertiary level at another institution and wish to transfer to Victoria you can apply to have your courses/qualification assessed by completing a Transfer of Credit form to see if any credit or exemptions can be granted.

Certificate of Proficiency enrolment (COP)

If you wish to apply to take a course at another institution and have it transferred to your Victoria qualification you can do so by completing this form and returning it to us.

Back to top ^

Thesis enrolment and examination 

For all MCom thesis enrolment and examination enquiries please contact us.

PhD registration

For all PhD registration you should initially contact the relevant School or if unsure contact us.

Conferment of qualifications

The application for conferment of your qualification is now done online through Student Records.  All students who are eligible to graduate will receive an email instructing them on how to apply.  If you do not receive this email please contact your Faculty Student Adviser.