About our Student and Academic Services
Victoria Business School offers undergraduate degrees in Commerce and Tourism, as well as postgraduate and professional programmes.
Student and Academic Services offer advice and support relating to enrolment, degree planning, credit transfer, examinations, graduation and general enquiries.
We offer a full range of services at the Pipitea Campus where the majority of our team members are based, as well as customer services at the Kelburn Campus; please contact us for more information.
Location and opening hours
The Commerce Faculty Student and Academic Services office is located on the Ground floor of Rutherford House at the Pipitea Campus. Student enquiries should initially be directed to the counter located on the Ground Floor of Rutherford House.
An office for the Faculties of Commerce and Law is also located on the first floor of the Easterfield Building on Kelburn Parade, dealing with administration for students taking courses taught at the Kelburn campus.
How can we help you?
General student enquiries
For all general enquiries please contact us.
Our Student Advisers can help with enrolment enquiries, degree planning, transfer of credit from other tertiary institutions, postgraduate enrolment and any other issues that may arise relating to your studies.
- Current students should initially enquire at the Ground Floor counter of Rutherford House, or at Room 118 on Level 1 of the Easterfield Building in Kelburn, or alternatively contact us.
- Prospective students to Victoria University should contact Student Recruitment and Course Advice for general information.
Student Advisers are available for drop-in sessions on the Ground Floor of Rutherford House during Trimester 1 and 2 at the times listed below (term weeks only).Trimester 3 and Term Break hours are Monday – Thursday 10.30-11.30 and 2-3pm (any surname). No appointment is necessary during the times listed below.
|Monday 2-3 pm |
Tuesday 9-10 am
Wednesday 10.30-11.30 am
Friday 9-10 am
|Monday 9-10 am |
Tuesday 10.30-11.30 am
Wednesday 2-3 pm
Thursday 10.30-11.30 am
|Monday 10.30-11.30 am|
Tuesday 2-3 pm
Wednesday 9-10 am
Thursday 2-3 pm
- Official academic transcript: an academic transcript lists the courses you studied and grades you achieved throughout university, as well as your qualification and what stage you are currently at in your studies.
— more information about academic transcripts
— Application for Academic Record form
- Change of course: information on the process to add or drop courses
- Examinations: examination timetables are normally published after the mid-trimester break.
— more information on examinations
- Degree audit: a degree audit is an assessment of what you need to do to complete your degree. You can use myQual, which is accessible through myVictoria, to see the courses and points requirements you have completed and what you still need to complete to graduate. myQual also features two planning tools:
— Look Ahead allows you to check that the courses you want to take are beneficial for your study path
— What If? lets you see what it means if you want to change a major, or even a degree
Alternatively: contact your Student Adviser for assistance.
- Transfer of credit: if you have completed courses or a qualification equivalent to tertiary level at another institution and wish to transfer to Victoria, you can apply to have your courses/qualification assessed by completing a Transfer of Credit form to see if any credit or exemptions can be granted.
- Certificate of Proficiency enrolment (COP): if you wish to apply to take a course at another institution and have it transferred to your Victoria qualification you should complete an Application for Certificate of Proficiency Enrolment form and return it to us.
- Thesis enrolment and examination: for all MCom thesis enrolment and examination enquiries please contact us
- PhD registration: the Faculty of Graduate Research provides the first port of call for all students interested in enrolling in a PhD at Victoria
— for all PhD registration you should initially contact the relevant School, or if unsure contact us
- Conferment of qualifications: the application for conferment of your qualification is now done online through Student Records, and students who are eligible to graduate will receive an email instructing them on how to apply.
— if you do not receive this email, please contact your Faculty Student Adviser