Please note: Information on this page relates to the 2014 academic year unless otherwise stated.
This subject is taught by the School of History, Philosphy, Political Science and International Relations.
Our postgraduate qualifications in Strategic Studies allow students to understand today’s leading strategic issues in their global, regional and New Zealand contexts. The Master of Strategic Studies, Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Studies and Postgraduate Certificate in Strategic Studies are designed for domestic and international students who are seeking policy, analytical and research careers in many fields.
The School of History, Philosophy, Political Science and International Relations (HPPI) offers the following 500-level qualifications in Strategic Studies:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Strategic Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Studies
- Master of Strategic Studies
The teaching of Strategic Studies courses is led by the Centre for Strategic Studies which is located within the School of History, Philosophy, Political Science and International Relations.
For further information on Strategic Studies options, please contact:
Professor Robert Ayson
Centre for Strategic Studies
Phone: 04-463 6445
Students are also encouraged to consider relevant courses in the following two areas:
- International Relations Honours courses including INTP 442: Asian Security (30-point courses).
- Strategy courses offered by the School of Government including MMPM 533: Special Topic: Strategic Analysis and MMPM 534: Strategic Thinking (15-point courses).
Please note: the list of courses displays postgraduate–level courses for this subject.