Send your documentation

To complete your enrolment, you may need to provide documentation like your proof of identity and academic record.

Documents you must supply

To finalise your enrolment, you need to supply us with certified copies of certain documents.

It is important you send these as soon as you complete your online application.

Send your documents to

Enrolments office
Victoria University of Wellington
PO Box 600
Wellington 6140

Proof of identity

You must send us a certified copy of your:

  • birth certificate or
  • passport.

If the name on your application does not match the name on your birth certificate or passport you must also send us a certified copy of your marriage certificate or deed poll to match the name you used on your application.

Proof of citizenship or residency

If you were not born in New Zealand and you do not have a New Zealand passport, you must also send us a certified copy of your:

  • certificate of citizenship or
  • evidence of residency or permanent residency.

Check the Admission and Enrolment Statute for eligibility to study as a domestic student.

Previous academic records

If you have applied for admission based on qualification assessment you need to supply official transcripts of your previous study. We do not accept provisional results.

Certified copies

We only accept documents that have been certified as true copies of the original. Each page needs to be certified individually. If any page of a document is not certified, you will have to resubmit the whole document.

A copy of a document can be certified by:

  • the institution that originally issued it
  • a solicitor
  • a notary public
  • a Justice of the Peace
  • your school principal, if you are a secondary school student.

You can also bring your original documents to campus and we will certify them. Bring your documents to:

  • The enrolments counter on level 1 of the Hunter Building
  • Your Faculty office
  • Victoria International.

Please do not send us original documents through the post. We cannot return them to you.

We don't accept documents that have been certified by:

  • Work and Income
  • doctors, pharmacists or dentists
  • your school's careers adviser or your dean.

A document that is photocopied, downloaded from the internet or faxed will not be accepted and you will be asked to resubmit the documentation required.

Non-English documents

If the original is not in English, a certified translation must also be provided, contact NZTC International—The Translation Centre.