Qualification assessment at entrance level

If you have another New Zealand qualification, or the international equivalent of New Zealand University Entrance, you’ll be admitted through this category.

If you are New Zealand or Australian citizen or a permanent resident and have one of the following, you can apply to Victoria University:

  • Recognised university entrance qualification from New Zealand or overseas (eg. A Rudolf Steiner Certificate or A levels from the United Kingdom)
  • Australian applicants with an ATAR rank of 74.00 or better or from Queensland an OP rank of 12 or better
  • Completed Level 4 qualification from another New Zealand tertiary institution, which must be relevant to your proposed programme of study
  • Certificate of University Preparation (CUP) from any other New Zealand tertiary institution with a B average or better, as long as you apply before the advertised deadlines. To be accepted into the Bachelor of Architectural Studies or the Bachelor of Building Science, you will need to have a B+ average. If you have a CUP with a lower average, you may be waitlisted and admitted if there is a place available in your programme
  • Certificate of Foundation Studies from another New Zealand university as long as you apply before the advertised deadlines

When applying, select the admission type ‘Qualification Assessment at Entrance Level’.

Application key dates

For course advice or to find out more about your 2017 study options, contact the Student Recruitment and Orientation team or phone 0800 VICTORIA (842 867).

You can apply to study in Trimester Two and Three:

  • Trimester Two applications are due 21 June 2017
  • Trimester Three applications are due 1 November 2017
Apply now

Need help with course planning?

If you need help deciding what degree might be right for you, or what courses to take, talk with a liaison officer or book a course planning session with us, call 0800 VICTORIA (842 867) or email course-advice@vuw.ac.nz.