Student services and support

Find out about the wide range of support available to Victoria students. If you run into a problem, whatever it is, there’s someone to help.

All services are run by friendly and experienced people who will provide you with information and guidance. Your student services levy helps to provide some of these services, so please use them when you need to. Most are available free of charge if you have a current Student ID card.


The Accommodation Service offers assistance in finding somewhere to live while you study, from Halls of Residence to advice on renting.

The Accommodation Service is located on Level 2, 42 Kelburn Parade, Kelburn campus. Drop in and visit, email us or call +64-4-463 5896.

Bookshop (Vic Books)

Not just for buying and selling textbooks, find a range of books to read for pleasure, plus a café, stationery and much more.

Vic Books is located in Easterfield building, the Hub, Kelburn campus and on the ground floor, Rutherford House, Pipitea campus.

Careers and Employment

Get help and advice for a head-start in your working life after graduation, plus find part-time work to help finance your studies.

Careers and Employment is located at Room 120, Hunter building, Kelburn campus, email us or call +64-4-463 5393 for more information.


The Chaplaincy provides spiritual, pastoral and practical support for Christian students and staff.

Drop into 8 Kelburn Parade, Kelburn campus, email the Chaplain or call +64-4-463 5499.

Community Police Liaison Constable

Victoria University has its own Community Police Liaison Constable who is available to talk informally with students or staff about crime or safety issues and, if necessary, refer you for more formal assistance.

The Constable can be contacted at the Wellington Central Police Station. You can also email the Constable

Disability services

This service provides advice and support to eliminate barriers for those at Victoria with disabilities.

Disability Services is located at Kelburn, Pipitea and the Karori campuses. Drop in and visit, email us or call +64-4-463 6070.

Early Childhood Services

There are three Early Childhood Education services for student use on the Kelburn Campus. There are also two other centres for staff and postgraduate students. High quality services are available for children 0-5 years on a part or full-time basis. Places are available throughout the year.

Contact Early Childhood Services by emailing or call us on +64-4-463 5151.

Financial support and advice

Get advice on managing your course fees, student loan and more. 

You can make an appointment by emailing or phoning us on +64-4-463 7474.

International student support

Victoria International provides advice and support to international students enrolled at the University.

Email or phone +64-4-4635350 for more information. 

IT services

Information Technology Services offers a range of IT services including PC Labs, internet, software, wireless, printing and system access.

Contact the ITS Service Desk, phone +64-4-463 5050, email or online chat.

Justice of the Peace

Justices of the Peace can assist you with witnessing signatures, certifying documents, the witnessing of land transfer and other documents, and taking of declarations, affidavits or affirmations.

This service is available with the generous support of the Wellington Justices of Peace Association. No appointment required.

Justices of the Peace are available to staff and students at Pipitea and Kelburn Campuses.

  • Pipitea campus, Room 113, Level 1, Railway West Wing, Tuesdays, 12–2pm, during Trimester 1 and 2
  • Kelburn campus, Level 2, Victoria Info Ihonui, Central Library, Thursdays, 12–1pm

Language Learning Centre

The Language Learning Centre offers up-to-date multimedia resources in all languages taught at Victoria. If English is not your first language the centre also has a wide range of resources to help you with your English.


Access over a million items—books, journals, audiovisual resources and computing services to help with your studies.

Libraries can be called at any time during library opening hours

Māori students

Victoria's Māori community supports the success and achievement of Māori students at Victoria.

Muslim prayer rooms

  • Student Islamic Centre, 86 Fairlie Terrace, Kelburn campus
  • Room 404, Railway West Wing, Pipitea campus
  • Room VS 324, Vivian street, Te Aro campus
  • Room 101A, Prefab building, Karori campus

There are currently 250 students registered with the Muslim Students' Association. If you would like more information, email or or call +64-4-463 5233 extn 8997.

Ngāi Tauira

Ngāi Tauira represents the interests of Māori studying at Victoria, with the aim of enabling tauira Māori to feel comfortable and culturally safe within Victoria’s academic environment.

Pasifika students

Students who identify as Pasifika can get support in their time at Victoria.

Peer assisted study support

Meet other students, engage in ‘active learning’ and get ahead in 100-level classes.

Physiotherapy clinic

Willis Street Physiotherapy provide a Physiotherapy clinic at Kelburn campus and Pipitea campus. The clinic has expert physiotherapists providing treatment for pain, injury and discomfort.

Student disputes resolution

If there’s an issue with safety, conflict or misconduct, the Disputes Resolution Service is here to help solve it as early and informally as possible.

Student Counselling

If you have a problem you need to talk through, Student Counselling provides confidential support to help you.

To find out more about Student Counselling or to make an appointment, visit, email or call us on +64-4-463 5310.

Student experience improvement survey

Students rate their experience of our functions, facilities and services through the Student Experience Improvement Survey.

Student Health

A full range of health services is provided for Victoria students at two clinics:

  • Mauri Ora, Level 1, Student Union Building, Kelburn campus
  • Level 2, Railway Station West Wing, Pipitea campus

Contact Student Health by email for general enquiries or call us +64-4-463 5308.

Student learning

Whether you’re having a problem, or want to get a head-start with study skills, individual assistance and workshops are offered to help you succeed in your study.

The Student Learning service is located on the Kelburn campus, Level 0, Kirk Wing and on Pipitea campus, Level 2, Railway West Wing. Email us or call +64-4-463 5999 for assistance.

Student union (VUWSA)

Run by students, for students, Victoria University of Wellington Students’ Association (VUWSA) represents and advocates for you, to ensure you have a high-quality experience at Victoria.

Victoria info ihonui

Victoria Info Ihonui are places where you can ask questions and get general University help and directions. You’ll find them on Level 1 at the main entrance to the Hunter Building and at the Kelburn Library entrances on both Level 1 and Level 2 of the Hub. The friendly staff will make sure you get the information you need. 

Victoria Recreation

Access the University’s gym and fitness classes and get fit at very competitive rates.

Facilities are located at the Recreation Centre, Kelburn campus and at Pipitea Fitness, Rutherford House, Pipitea campus. Email or call +64-4-463 6614 for more information.