myAllocator tutorial sign-up
myAllocator is a tutorial and lab sign-up system. It helps you plan your timetable and makes sure you don’t have any clashes with other courses.
Most tutorials will not be loaded until the start of the first trimester and tutorials that are loaded may not be available for sign up immediately. If you are concerned about your tutorial being unavailable, contact your course coordinator.
Use your Victoria University username and password to log in.
Checklist for using myAllocator
Before you use myAllocator, check that:
- You have been enrolled in your course for 48 hours or more.
- You have got your University username and password.
- You know if your tutorials are available for sign-up.
- After selecting your tutorial make sure you save your choice using the save button.
- If you are waiting for a tutorial to open make sure you log out of the system then log in again. The refresh button does not work for this.
How to sign up for a tutorial
Your course coordinator will advise when tutorial sign-ups are open.
If you are waiting for tutorial sign-ups to open, you must log out of myAllocator and log back in to refresh the tutorial sign up.
- Log in to myAllocator using the button above.
- myAllocator will display a complete list of your lectures and tutorials. Tutorials will have ‘tut’ in the course name.
- If a tutorial is ready for sign-ups, a red flag will be displayed. If a tutorial is not yet ready for sign-ups, a red X will be displayed.
- Click the +Show Requirements button next to the tutorial you wish to sign up for. This will display the tutorial options, with their times and locations.
- Select the tutorial you wish to sign up for. You will see an error message with a red X if you choose a tutorial that clashes with your timetable, or if that tutorial is full. You will see a green tick if you have chosen successfully.
- You must click on save in the menu bar at the top of myAllocator for your tutorial choice to be submitted.
If you have any problems using myAllocator, and you have been enrolled in your course for at least 48 hours, speak to your course administrator or email ITSfirstname.lastname@example.org