Renewing your visa

You need to make sure your visa is valid for the whole time you’re studying in New Zealand.

If you’re in Wellington, you can renew your visa at the Victoria International office—your application will take a few days to process.

To renew your student visa, you’ll need to:

You might also need to provide a Police certificate, medical certificate or chest x-ray. Read the information in the application form to confirm if you do—if you’re still not sure, you can contact Immigration New Zealand on +64-9-914 4100.

Find out how to apply for a visa as a new student before you arrive.

To find out more

If you have questions about renewing your visa or would like more information, email