Starting university is an exciting journey. Our Campus Coaches programme is here to help new students navigate their way around Victoria University and connect and engage with university life and study.
Become a Campus Coach or Student Rep in 2017
We need Campus Coaches and Student Reps for 2017. Apply by Wednesday 5 October 2016.
We are looking for students who want to give back to the university by helping with the transition of new students to Victoria during their first few weeks of study. This Student Rep/Campus Coach role will extend for all of 2017 and there will be several other opportunities to engage in leadership, recruitment and other activities.
We are looking for students who:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Are able to work in a large team as well as independently.
- Are able to lead a team and speak/present in front of a group.
- Can creatively solve problems and use their initiative.
- Have knowledge of the Victoria University environment, support services and extracurricular activities on offer.
- Have the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Will be studying at Victoria University in 2017.
For those studying during the summer trimester your exams may be held during training week. We will do our best to accommodate your exam times within the training schedule to enable you to still be a Campus Coach.
Recruitment timeline 2016
- Applications open on 22 August
- Applications close on 5 October at 5pm
- Majority of interviews will be held at the Kelburn campus between Monday 10–Friday 21 October
- Applicants will be advised of the outcome in late October.
For full information, download the Campus Coach role description.
Think you have got what it takes? Apply on CareerHub by 5 October 2016.