Dissent and the First World War Conference
Event type: Conferences31 August 2017 from 5.00 pm - 6.00 pm
Hosted by the Stout Research Centre for New Zealand Studies and the Labour History Project, with support from The Ministry for Culture and Heritage, and The Archives and Records Association of NZ (ARANZ), this two day conference will cover a range of topics on dissent, and how the First World War divided New Zealand society in many ways. In the current commemorative climate little attention has been paid to the perceptions and actions of those who opposed the war.
The conference will open on Thursday 31 August at 5.00 pm with a public lecture by Keynote Cyril Pearce, from the University of Leeds, in the UK. (Lecture theatre 1, Rutherford House).
Online registration will open on 1 June. A provisional programme of presenters will be available.
- Thursday 31 August - Opening Lecture at 5.00pm to 6.00pm, Lecture Theatre 1, Rutherford House, Pipitea Campus.
- Friday 1 September - registration opens at 8.30am.
- Saturday 2 September
- Full Conference Early Bird before 1 August $140.00
- One day $70.00
- Student and Unwaged $70.00
- One day Student/Unwaged $35.00
- After 1 August full registration $160.00
For further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org