Apply now for the Victoria MBA
To be considered for the Victoria MBA programme you must have the:
- an undergraduate degree of good academic performance from a recognised University
- successful professional experience of at least five years
If you do not have these qualifications but would like to work towards an MBA, you can ‘staircase’ into the programme by first completing a Certificate in Management Studies, followed by a Post Graduate Diploma:
The MBA application process differs between domestic and international students.
Account is taken of applicants' overall achievement, professional experience, undergraduate records, referee reports and areas of strength, and all applicants will be told of their success or otherwise via email.
Domestic applicants undergo a three-part process:
- Complete the Victoria MBA application form (available from October 2015) and email it with a CV attached, including references, to SOM-PostExperience@vuw.ac.nz
- If you meet our criteria you will be invited for a short formal interview with the MBA Programme Director
- Pass the Victoria MBA Admission Test, which has three sections covering:
— a business case study
— reading comprehension and critical thinking
— numerical skills and logical thinking
International applicants have their enrolment applications processed by Victoria International.
- International applicants must take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and score 550 or above
- Those applicants whose first language is not English must also take either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Fees for the MBA programme
Fees for the Victoria MBA are charged per course and are set by the university each year.
Course fees do not include the purchase of required textbooks, and there are also some fees attached to other areas of the programme, such any mathmatics refresher courses and the international study trip.
Fees for domestic students
Domestic tuition fees in 2015 are $2363.40 per course. For more information on fees, such as student levies and how to pay, please view the fees information pages. Please note that tuition fees for the professional programmes can be viewed in the appendices of the Fees Statute 2015.
Fees for international students
Note: Course fees include a number of levies that all students enrolled at Victoria University are required to pay. An FAQ of the student levies fees and more detailed fees information for international students is available on the Victoria University website.