Please note: Information on this page relates to the 2016 academic year unless otherwise specified.
Our programmes in Public Management are designed for those aspiring to a career in management in the government and non-government sectors. We examine the theory and practice of public management, public sector reform, financial management, human resource management, monitoring and evaluation, and more.
The School of Government offers a Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma and Master's degree in Public Management. This subject is also available as a specialisation for the Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma in Commerce.
The School of Government offers the following 500-level professional qualifications in Public Management:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Public Management (PGCertPM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Management (PGDipPM)
- Master of Public Management (MPM)
Want to find out more about studying at Victoria? Register now to find out more about your study options and keep updated on application and enrolment information, open days and events.
If you need help deciding what degree might be right for you, or what courses to take, talk with a liaison officer or book a course planning session with us, call 0800 VICTORIA (842 867) or email email@example.com.
If you’re a returning or transferring student, contact the Faculty Student and Academic Services Office, for help with degree planning and for information on admission requirements and transfer credit from other institutions.
For Graduate Certificate or Diploma in Commerce, contact:
Dr Valentina Dinica
Director of Undergraduate Programmes
Phone: 04-463 5711
For Professional qualifications, contact:
Dr Verna Smith
Director of Master's Programmes
Phone: 04-463 5848
Public Management courses are taught within the School of Government.
On this page
- EGOV 501: Managing Service Transformation (2016)
- EGOV 502: e-Government, Public Sector Reform and Good Governance (2016)
- EGOV 503: Managing ICT-enabled Forms of Public Engagement (2016)
- EGOV 512: Directed Individual Study (2016)
- EGOV 513: Directed Individual Study (2016)
- EGOV 520: Introduction to Research in the Public Sector (2016)
- EGOV 521: Research Project (2016)
- GOVT 501: Government and Governing (2016)
- GOVT 502: State, Economy and Society (2016)
- GOVT 503: Policy and Management Practice (2016)
- GOVT 511: Managing for Results (2016)
- GOVT 512: Managing Public Resources (2016)
- GOVT 513: Managing People in the Public Sector (2016)
- GOVT 514: Leading Change in Public and Community organisation (2016)
- GOVT 518: Comparative Public Management (2016)
- GOVT 519: Development Policy and Management (2016)
- GOVT 521: Economics and Policy (2016)
- GOVT 522: Policy Analysis and Advising (2016)
- GOVT 523: Policy Methods and Practice (2016)
- GOVT 524: Policy Workshop (2016)
- GOVT 531: Local Government (2016)
- GOVT 532: e-Government (2016)
- GOVT 533: Monitoring and Evaluation (2016)
- GOVT 534: Public Integrity (2016)
- GOVT 535: Contracting, Procurement and Collaboration (2016)
- GOVT 536: Regulatory Policy (2016)
- GOVT 539: Politics, Philosophy and Public Policy (2016)
- GOVT 541: Law in the Public Sector (2016)
- GOVT 556: Directed Individual Study (2016)
- GOVT 557: Directed Individual Study (2016)
- GOVT 561: Research Methods and Design (2016)
- GOVT 562: Research Paper (2016)
- GOVT 569: Internship (2016)