Doctor of Government (DGov)
The Doctor of Government offers an innovative professional part-time doctorate specifically designed for working public sector practitioners. At present the DGov is open to New Zealand domestic candidates only.
The DGov provides an alternative to the PhD. It equips highly capable, experienced public-sector candidates with the skills, knowledge and critical disposition to investigate challenges, resolve problems in public service professional practice, and lead ideas and their implementation. Connection with the workplace and its practical knowledge context is facilitated by active links between the doctoral candidates and practitioners as well as among candidates. Original work presented in a thesis offers significant contribution to practice. There is potential for candidates to integrate employment research into degree research.
See our DGov information leaflet.
Enquiries and applications are welcome at any time. Expressions of interest and applications are invited now for the 2014 DGov cohort (first course beginning in March). Further details are available here, or you are welcome to contact Dr Amanda Wolf (address, phone (04) 463 5712) to discuss the DGov programme.
Please feel free to circulate this information to colleagues who may be interested in undertaking this new qualification.
Applications for the DGov
Enquiries and applications are welcome at any time. Expressions of interest and applications are invited now for the 2013 DGov cohort (first course beginning in March).
- Doctor of Government application form
- Two Doctor of Government Reference Forms to be sent directly to the School of Government, Victoria University of Wellington, PO Box 600, Wellington 6140, by the referees
- Expression of Research Interest – see the application form for details
- A sample of your writing - see the application form for details
- A full CV - see the application form for details
- A certified copy of your academic transcripts.
Application packs are available from:
School of Government
Level 8, Rutherford House
23 Lambton Quay
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org