Welcome to the Applied Finance Programme
The Applied Finance Programme at Victoria (formerly known as VIAF) remains the only specialist postgraduate applied finance offering in New Zealand.
More than just a conversion Masters, the programme has a dedicated finance core together with a range of electives that develop full operational capability in the rewarding but demanding careers of international finance.
It has strong industry relevance, offering:
- courses that develop instrumental skills such as financial modelling, enabling our graduates to hit the ground running
- alumni who have dispersed all over the world, operating as a global networking resource
- course instructors and guest speakers who include eminent professional practitioners as well as academics
- Programme Director Dawn Lorimer has an extensive background in the financial markets and professional consultancy. It has enabled her to project the Applied Finance Programme as a major development in professional education, and to assist graduating students with finding an industry niche
The Applied Finance Programme offers four qualifications:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Financial Markets Analysis
- Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Analysis
- Postgraduate Diploma in Treasury Management
- Master of Applied Finance
Want to know more about the Applied Finance Programme?
- Information for new students, including enrolment and admission requirements
- Information about the Applied Finance Programme structure
- Information about our Applied Finance courses
Career prospects for Applied Finance graduates
You can read about the ongoing professional success of some of our graduates on the Alumni Profiles page. We also have information about the career prospects that could open up with an Applied Finance qualification.
('Gate III' (Colin McCahon) reproduction permission courtesy of the Colin McCahon Research and Publication Trust.)