Victoria International Applied Finance Programme
The Victoria International Applied Finance Programme (VIAF) remains the only specialist postgraduate applied finance offering in New Zealand. More than just a conversion Masters, the VIAF has a dedicated finance core together with a range of electives that develop full operational capability in the rewarding but demanding careers of international finance. It has strong industry relevance:
- The courses develop instrumental skills such as financial modelling that empower the graduate to hit the ground running
- Graduates alumni have dispersed all over the world, as a global networking resource
- Course controllers and guest speakers are drawn from among eminent professional practitioners as well as academics
- Programme Director Dawn Lorimer has an extensive background in the financial markets and professional consultancy. It has enabled her to project the VIAF Programme as a major development in professional education, and to assist graduating students with finding an industry niche
The VIAF Programme offers four qualifications:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Financial Markets Analysis
- Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Analysis
- Postgraduate Diploma in Treasury Management
- Master of Applied Finance
More about the VIAF Programme
Many VIAF participants are already employed in the industry or government and seeking to enhance their personal capital.
For this reason the programme is offered in block release mode, where personal contact time is heavily concentrated in just two sessions per trimester, with the remaining time as electronic contact, simulations and assignments.
- Information for new students, including enrolment in VIAF
- More about the VIAF degree structure
- Details about our VIAF courses
You can read about careers for VIAF students on our careers page.
('Gate III' (Colin McCahon) reproduction permission courtesy of the Colin McCahon Research and Publication Trust.)