Prof Christoph Thoenissen
Professor of Macroeconomics
School of Economics and Finance
Christoph is currently away on research and study leave.
Christoph's personal homepage
BA (hons) MA University of Kent,
DPhil University of York
Dynamic macroeconomics, monetary policy, business cycle analysis, open economy macroeconomics, financial frictions.
- 'Financial exposure and international transmission of financial shocks' (with G. Kamber), Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Supplement - 45, 2 (2013), pp. 127-158.
- 'The financial accelerator and monetary policy rules' (with G Kamber), Economics Letters, 115, 2, January (2012), pp. 309-313. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.econlet.2011.12.068.
- 'International business cycles and the relative price of investment goods' (with Parantap Basu), Canadian Journal of Economics, 44, 2 (2011), pp. 580-606.
- 'Exchange rate dynamics, asset market structure and the role of the trade elasticity', Macroeconomic Dynamics,15 (2011), pp. 119-143.
- 'Financial shocks and the US business cycle' (with Charles Nolan), Journal of Monetary Economics, 56 (2009), pp. 594-604.
- 'Consumption and real exchange rates with incomplete financial markets and non-traded goods' (with Gianluca Benigno), Journal of International Money and Finance, 27 (2008), pp. 926-948.
- 'Labour markets and firm-specific capital in new Keynesian General Equilibrium Models' (with Charles Nolan), Journal of Macroeconomics, 30 (2008), pp. 817-843.
- 'Money and monetary policy in DSGE models' (with Arnab Bhattacharjee), The Manchester School, 75 (2007), Supplement, pp. 88-122.
- 'Equilibrium exchange rates and supply side performance' (with Gianluca Benigno), Economic Journal, 113, 486 (2003), pp. C103-124.
- Exchange Rates, Capital Flows and Policy, edited by R. Driver, P. Sinclair and C. Thoenissen. Routledge (2005), 425 pp. ISBN 0-415-35263-0, London.
- 'Real exchange rates, current accounts and net foreign assets' in R. L. Driver, P. Sinclair and C. Thoenissen, (eds). Exchange Rates, Capital Flows and Policy, Routledge (2005).
- 'Equilibrium exchange rates and supply side performance' was reprinted in the volume: Paul A. Samuelson: Critical Assessments of Contemporary Economists, 2nd Series, edited by John Cunningham Wood and Michael McLure, Routledge (2005), ISBN 978-0-415-31060-4.