Summer Scholars Scheme
Summer Research Scholarships offer a unique opportunity for students to gain experience in research and get an insight into what studying for a research degree entails. Each scholarship gives a student the experience of working with established researchers on a specified project.
Information about the scheme, including what's involved, what it's worth, eligibility and regulations, is available from the University's summer scholarships webpage.
Research projects available for Faculty of Science students
Summer Research Scholarships are on offer across the Faculty of Science, including through the Antarctic Research Centre, Robinson Research Institute and Ferrier Research Institute. Some are externally funded and will involve students working with external organisations around Wellington.
Scholarships are offered in the following areas:
- Antarctic Research Centre
- Ferrier Research Institute
- Robinson Research Institute
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Chemical and Physical Sciences
- School of Geography, Environment and Earth Sciences
- School of Mathematics, Statistics and Operations Research
- School of Psychology
- School of Engineering and Computer Science
- Use your smarts to shape New Zealand's future (interdisciplinary project)
Applications for the 2014/2015 round are now open. To apply, fill in the online Summer Research Scholarship form by 1 October. You will need to complete the application in one session.
For your application you will need to identify a referee who can comment on your suitability for the scholarship project. You will also need to email a current CV and a copy of your unofficial academic record (if your prior study was not at Victoria) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrator - Science Faculty Office
Phone: 04 463 5233 extn 8293