Dr Judy Deuling
School of Art History, Classics and Religious Studies
Phone: 04 463 6783
Location: Room 517, Old Kirk Building, Gate 3 Kelburn Pde, Kelburn Campus
Judy teaches Etruscan and Roman Art, Bronze Age Aegean Art and Archaeology, Latin, and occasionally Greek in the Classics Programme.
Current Research Projects
Judy Deuling’s research specialities are:
- Latin literature.
- Roman art and architecture.
- Etruscan studies.
- Bronze Age Aegean studies.
Judy is currently working on a number of articles which treat poems of the Roman poets Catullus, Martial and Vergil. She has most recently co-authored A Day in Pompeii: New Books on the Art and Architecture of the Roman Empire, and she delivered two public lectures which accompanied the A Day in Pompeii exhibition at Te Papa in 2010.
- 'Catullus 17 and 67, and the Catullan Construct', Antichton 40 (2006) 1-9
- 'In the Museum: Classics Museum, Victoria University of Wellington', Scholia 13 (2004) 169-174.
Awards and Achievements
- Margo Titus Visiting Fellow, Blegen Library, University of Cincinnati, 2005
- Co-administrator, Classics slide collection.
- Curator, VUW Classics Museum