Our Mission, Vision and Values
SACL pursues and shares knowledge of accounting, commercial law and taxation within a dynamic and inclusive learning environment while actively engaging our stakeholders and the wider community.
In pursuing the mission, SACL actively engages in:
- the pursuit of excellence in our disciplines - accounting, commercial law and taxation
- the promotion of diversity
- local and international collaboration, recognising our unique location in the capital city of New Zealand
- involvement with our students, alumni, the professions, business, government, academia and the wider community.
1. To facilitate the pursuit of knowledge in our disciplines, by:
- providing a distinctive contribution to research in our disciplines across the full spectrum of research methodologies
- conducting both pure and applied research and disseminating it widely
- providing research that impacts the advancement of the profession, industry, government and the wider community
2. To facilitate the sharing of knowledge in our disciplines, by:
- preparing the School’s undergraduate and postgraduate students for careers in the accounting profession, business, government, wider community and academia by ensuring they have sound knowledge in our disciplines that meets stakeholder expectations together with well-developed leadership, communication, technical, analytical, critical and conceptual skills
- preparing the School’s PhD students for research careers through scholarly excellence
- preparing the School's undergraduate and postgraduate students for active citizenship
3. To facilitate stakeholder and wider community engagement, by:
- contributing to public debate on issues within the fields of our expertise
- providing leadership to the professions, business, government, academia and the wider community through participation on committees and boards
- providing ongoing professional development opportunities through the provision of seminars
- serving our University community and international academic community
- contributing our expertise to assist our wider community within New Zealand and internationally.