The role of the Advisory Board* is to provide advice to
(i) the Head, School of Accounting & Commercial Law, to ensure that the School's programmes are relevant and of high quality, in accordance with the School's strategic plan
(ii) the Director, Centre for Accounting, Governance and Taxation Research, to ensure that the research process and the research porgramme of the Centre are relevant to its stakeholders, in accordance with the Centre's strategic plan.
The Advisory Board, with Geof Nightingale as Chair, comprises distinguished professionals from the private and public sectors and from academia.
A full list of the Advisory Board members is as follows:
- Mr Geof Nightingale (Chair), Partner (Taxation), PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Mr Godfrey Boyce, Partner (Audit), KPMG
- Professor Robert Buckle, Dean and Pro Vice-Chancellor, Victoria Business School, Victoria University of Wellington
- Mr Neil Cherry, Consultant
- Professor Ian Eggleton, Head of the School of Accounting and Commercial Law, Victoria University of Wellington
- Mr Garth Ireland, Director, Ireland, Wallace & Associates Limited
- Mr Struan Little, Deputy Commissioner, Policy, Inland Revenue Department
- Ms Jacqueline Robertson, Partner (Risk and Assurance), Deloitte
- Mr John Shewan, Chairman, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Mr Grant Taylor, Wellington Assurance Leader, Ernst & Young
- Emeritus Professor Don Trow, Victoria University of Wellington
- Professor Tony van Zijl, Director, Centre for Accounting, Governance and Taxation Research
- Mr Ken Warren, Chief Accounting Advisor, Budget and Macroeconomic Branch, The Treasury
- Ms Ann Webster, Assistant Auditor-General, Research and Development
- Associate Professor David White, Associate Director, Centre for Accounting, Governance and Taxation Research.
* The Board is the Advisory Board to the School of Accounting and Commercial Law and the Centre for Accounting, Governance and Taxation Research.