The role of the Advisory Board* is to provide advice to
(i) the Head, School of Accounting & Commercial Law, to ensure that the School's programmes are relevant and of high quality, in accordance with the School's strategic plan
(ii) the Director, Centre for Accounting, Governance and Taxation Research, to ensure that the research process and the research porgramme of the Centre are relevant to its stakeholders, in accordance with the Centre's strategic plan.
The Advisory Board, with Garth Ireland as Chair, comprises distinguished professionals from the private and public sectors and from academia.
A full list of the Advisory Board members is as follows:
- Mr Garth Ireland, (Chair) Director, Ireland, Wallace & Associates Limited
- Mr Godfrey Boyce, Partner (Audit), KPMG
- Professor Robert Buckle, Dean and Pro Vice-Chancellor, Victoria Business School, Victoria University of Wellington
- Mr Neil Cherry, Deputy Chief Executive, Department of Corrections
- Professor Ian Eggleton, Head of the School of Accounting and Commercial Law, Victoria University of Wellington
- Mr Rob Everett, Chief Executive, Financial Markets Authority
- Mr Struan Little, Deputy Commissioner, Policy, Inland Revenue Department
- Hon Wayne Mapp, Law Commissioner
- Andy Matthews, Chief Financial Officer, Wellington City Council
- Mr Dave Shadwell, Partner (Audit), Deloitte
- Mr John Shewan, School of Accounting and Commercial Law, Victoria Business School
- Mr Grant Taylor, Wellington Assurance Leader, Ernst & Young
- Emeritus Professor Don Trow, Victoria University of Wellington
- Professor Tony van Zijl, Director, Centre for Accounting, Governance and Taxation Research
- Ms Elly Ward, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Mr Ken Warren, Chief Accounting Advisor, Budget and Macroeconomic Branch, The Treasury
- Ms Ann Webster, Assistant Auditor-General, Research and Development
* The Board is the Advisory Board to the School of Accounting and Commercial Law and the Centre for Accounting, Governance and Taxation Research.