Committees and boards
Va'aomanū Pasifika’s Board of Studies advises on the Samoan Studies academic programme, and works to enhance engagement with internal and external stakeholders.
Samoan Studies Board of Studies
The role of the Board of Studies is to advise on the academic programme in Samoan Studies and to ensure effective liaison and contact with the Schools, Faculties and the Samoan Wellington Community that have an interest in Samoan Studies.
- Director, Va'aomanū Pasifika - Dr Teresia Teaiwa
- Associate Professor, School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies - AProf John Macalister
- Samoan Studies Academic of International Reputation - Professor Cluny Macpherson
- Samoan Wellington Public Sector Elder & Orator - Salevao Manase
- Samoan Wellington Pastors' Collective - Rev Tauinaola Tofilau
- VUW Pasifika Subject Librarian - Vaisagote Keneti Vaisagote
- VUW Student Representative - Sali Paulo
- Administrator, Va'aomanū Pasifika (Minute taking)
- Samoan Studies Lecturer - Le'ausalilo Sadat Muaiava
- Samoan Studies Lecturer - Niusila Faamanatu-Eteuati