What to submit
Turbine | Kapohau cannot consider work that has already appeared online (including personal blogs), or work that has been previously published in New Zealand.
Prose: short essays or fiction pieces are preferable, to a maximum of 2,500 words (longer pieces may be considered at the editors’ discretion). Send only two pieces.
Poetry: Send only five poems.
Photographs or artworks with a literary theme may be considered.
As a non-profit publication, Turbine | Kapohau is unable to offer payment for contributions. For all accepted material, copyright will revert to the author upon publication.
The editors are unable to engage in correspondence regarding individual submissions.
When to submit
The reading period for the 2017 issue of Turbine | Kapohau will begin July 1, 2017. Please do not send submissions before this date.
Submissions for the next issue must be received by October 29, 2017.
We will send email notification of acceptance or rejection in early December 2017.
How to submit
Email submissions are preferred:
Send email submissions to email@example.com either in the body of your email or as attachments.
- Include the phrase 'Turbine | Kapohau submission' in the subject line. Email submissions not following this guideline will be disregarded.
- Include contact details, including email address and daytime telephone number, in the body of the email.
- Include name and contact details on each page of your submission.
- Include a brief contributor's note (not more than two or three sentences) for inclusion if your work is selected.
If you do not have an email address:
Send postal submissions to
Turbine | Kapohau submissions
IIML, Victoria University
P.O. Box 600
Wellington, New Zealand
- Material should be typed and double-spaced.
- Include name and contact details on each page of your submission, including the contributor's note.