Support, training and resources
Opportunities range from orientation and training material through to professional development for our teachers, tutors and researchers.
Workshops and events
- Orientation to Academic Life
- Higher Education Learning and Teaching Qualifications
- Tutoring at Victoria
- Ideas to Action
- Visting Speakers
You can register for Centre for Academic Development (CAD) workshops and events online.
CAD also offers a wide variety of academic development opportunities throughout the year. These events include presentations at Victoria by CAD staff or other presenters and seminars or conferences held externally. If you are aware of a similar event relating to teaching and learning feel free to email the CAD so it can be included.
Training and professional learning
Tutor training: The Centre for Academic Development supports tutors, demonstrators and sessional assistants with training, resources and ongoing support.
Postgraduate qualification: Find out about the Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education Learning and Teaching (PGCertHELT) and the Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education Learning and Teaching (PGDipHELT)
Academic technologies contacts
Each of our contacts for academic technologies provide support to Faculty teaching staff.
They can facilitate staff exchanges for sharing practice in the use of digital technologies in teaching and develop support resources/materials.
Support and resources
- Academic development readings
- Academic mentoring
- CAD newsletters - Spectrum
- Curriculum redesign
- Learning and teaching discussion list
- Improving teaching and learning guides
- Inclusive teaching
- Learning objectives
- International students and global awareness
- Mandatory course requirements
- Māori Learning and Teaching Hub
- Online learning and teaching
- Pasifika Learning and Teaching Hub
- Teaching Performance Profile (TPP)
- Teaching portfolios
- Tutor Training and Development
- Workshops and events