Resources and Links
Below is an alphabetical list of general resources, together with links. For useful individual Programme resources please see the following pages:
- Depositing your thesis
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Postgraduate Study
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences' Handbook
- Faculty of Graduate Research
- Guidelines for Master's Students
- MA Policy
- Postgraduate Students' Association (PGSA)
- Victoria International
Writing Aids and Guides
The following are links to websites that provide advice to both undergraduate and postgraduate students:
- Victoria University's Student Learning Support Service
- Massey University's OWLL (Online Writing and Learning Link)
- Thesis Writing
- Writing and Presenting Your Thesis or Dissertation
- ProQuest Digital Dissertations
The Student Learning Support Services site includes click-on links to 'Essay Writing Skills and Study' and 'Exam Revision Skills'.
The 'Writing Skills' section of Massey's OWLL offers advice about the basics: spelling, punctuation, paragraphing, proofreading and presentation standards. Postgraduate students should also find the sections on 'Theses' and 'Literature Reviews' useful.
PHinisheD is 'a discussion and support group for people who cannot seem to finish their dissertations or theses.'
S Joseph Levine wrote Writing and Presenting Your Thesis Dissertation for his students at Michigan State University, but it includes good advice for postgraduate thesis-writers anywhere. It starts with a useful table of contents, enabling you to select the sections you're interested in.
As a visitor to this site, you can freely access the most current two years of citations and abstracts in the Dissertation Abstracts database. To search the entire database of more than 1.6 million titles, you will need to connect from a subscription institution. This service is currently unavailable while the Library website is being updated.