MA City U London
Robert Deuchars is a lecturer in International Relations.
Current Research Projects
Current research interests include culture and politics, the political economy of risk and problems of knowledge in international relations theory.
Selection of Publications
- "Deleuze, DeLanda and Social Complexity: Implications for the 'International'", Journal of International Political Theory, 6(2), 2010, pp. 161-187.
- "Towards the Global Social: sociological reflections on governance and risk in the context of the current financial crisis", Cambridge Review of International Affairs, 23(1), 2010, pp. 107-125.
- Robert Deuchars, Review of Ruth Irwin (2008) "Heidegger, Politics and Climate change", London and New York, Continuum, in Political Science, Vol 61, No 1, June 2009.
- Robert Deuchars (2004), The International Political Economy of Risk: Rationalism, Calculation and Power, Aldershot, Ashgate.
- Robert Deuchars, "Rights, Risks and the Politics of Resistance: The Multilateral Agreement on Investment", in Rights Rules and Responsibilities in International Conduct, Dunmore Press, 2000