Getting ready before an earthquake strikes will help you survive. Find out how to prepare.
Workplace Emergency Kits
You are expected to be self-sufficient for 3 or more days if you are unable to leave the university in the event of an emergency. Workplace emergency supplies should include the following:
- Essential personal medication
- Food – non-perishable, high energy, ie canned food, muesli bars
- Warm clothing/wet weather gear
- Good walking shoes
- Water – at least 3 litres per person per day
- Torch and batteries
- Contact details for family
A 'starter kit' comprising an A3 size cardboard box with emergency information and a 5 litre water container are available to all staff.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free starter kit.