Faculty learning and teaching committee
The Faculty Learning and Teaching Committee deliberates and advises on aspects of Teaching and Learning in the Faculty. A Faculty newsletter on teaching and learning news, events and innovations is also available.
Terms of reference and constitution
Anita Brady is the Covenor of the committee and Catherine Townsend is the Administrator. Below is the full list of members:
Meeting dates 2017
Meetings are held on Thursdays, 1 – 3 pm.
- 16 Feb 1-3pm AM102
- 23 March 9.30-11.30 AM101
- 27 April 1-3pm MY103
- 25 May 1-3pm AM 103
- 29 June 1-3 pm (time and place TBC)
- 20 July 1-3pm (time and place TBC)
- 31 August 1-3pm (time and place TBC)
- 28 September 1-3pm (time and place TBC)
- 19 October 1-3pm AM 101
- 23 November 1-3pm AM 101
School Learning and Teaching committees
The following Schools in FHSS have Learning and Teaching Committees (Chairs follow the School name):
- School of Art History, Classics and Religious Studies – Geoff Troughton
- School of English, Film, Theatre, and Media Studies – Adam Grener
- Graduate School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health – Brian Robinson
- School of History, Philosophy, Political Science and International Relations – Stuart Brock
- School of Languages and Cultures – Ross Woods
- School of Linguistics and Applied Languages Studies – Averil Coxhead
- School of Social and Cultural Studies – Brigitte Bönisch-Brednich
Learning and teaching grants
The purpose of the grant is to assist academic staff in developing their courses and to encourage innovation in learning and teaching in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. There are two application rounds for Learning and Teaching grants each year. A call for applications and information regarding the grants is sent by email Faculty-wide in March and October each year.
Learning and teaching seminar series
The Faculty runs Learning and Teaching Seminars throughout the year. For upcoming seminars, please see the Events page.