On this page:
- Welcome to the School of Design
- Compulsory Orientation
- Studio Stream Preferences
- Workshop Safety Equipment Issue
The following essential information relates to the commencement of the first year of your Bachelor of Design Innovation (BDI) degree.
Your orientation will be held on Thursday, 28 February 2013 from 10am–1pm starting in Lecture Theatres 1 and 2, Level 1, Faculty of Architecture and Design, Te Aro Campus, 139 Vivian Street, Wellington.
This is your official introduction to the School of Design in preparation to beginning your studies and signing up for tutorials. It will provide valuable information and the opportunity to meet and greet your lecturers and fellow students. You are expected to attend.
To check the courses that you are enrolled in visit myvictoria. For first time users of myvictoria your login information can be found on your Offer of Study.
Your courses have two components; weekly lectures, and studios/tutorials. There may be more than one studio per week, so carefully check the timetable.
Studio stream signups will be available online via S-cubed during orientation. The S-cubed registration process will be explained during the first orientation session.
Allocations are done on a 'first in, first served' basis, with absolute limits on the number accepted into each group. To sign up you need access to your student ID number.
The materials and equipment list provided contains items that you are likely to need for your first year.
You may like to discuss with your tutors and course coordinators what is needed for each of your courses. The items required for each course will be listed in each course outline.
Immediately required for second classes:
- Moleskine journals in packet of 3 – Gridded 90 x 140mm – Black vinyl
- Landscape travel journal 140gsm – one off
- A4 Zeta pad – one off
- Masking tape – 3M Tartan 18mm x 55m
- Drawing pens – 3 x Artline pens (01mm pigment ink, 03mm & 06mm
- Pencil – Staedtler Mars technico (either plastic or metal)
- Pencil leads (2mm clutch pencil leads) 2B 4B 6B HB – combination packet
- Barrel sharpener Staedtler (lead pointer)
- Eraser shield – Staedtler 52950 metal
Essential for Trimester One
- Steel rule – Celco 300mm
- Craft cutter – Tajima LC501 ratchet-lock
- Sharpie pens – Black fine & Black ultrafine (one each)
- Toolbox 400mm – G557 with insert utility tray
- A4 butter paper pad (optional)
- Small packet of 6–12 coloured pencils
DSDN111 Additional Material (can be purchased as required)
- Set squares 45’ & 30/60’ – Helix 320 mm – one of each type
- T square – Taurus 500mm
- Circle template – Helix H67
- Compass (metal with wheel)
- A3 cutting matt
During orientation you will receive modelling workshop safety equipment. This equipment includes a pair of safety glasses and earmuffs. There is no charge for these materials as it is included in your course fees.