Technical Resource Centre
The Technical Resource Centre provides a variety of services to students and staff of the Faculty of Architecture and Design. Services available include:
Sales & Services
- Sales of general and specialist Art & Craft supplies
- Sales of Modelling materials (including laser cutter materials)
- Loading money onto student SOAD Domain “print accounts”
- Paying for cost recoverable 3D Digital equipment bookings & services
- Loan of Building Science Equipment
- Loan of general Audio-Visual & Photographic equipment
- Loan of specialist Media Design AV equipment
- Plotting / Printing /Rapid Prototyping Booking and Payment
- Techno router payment (booking via the workshop)
- Binding & Digital scanning of prints and plans up to A0
- Laser cutter bookings & payment – via FAD on-line booking system
- Modella MX40A booking and payment– via FAD on-line booking system
- Booking ergonomics lab VS0.03, photographic lab VS0.02– via FAD on-line booking system
- Processing Exhibition Requests from staff
Building & Facility Services
Students and staff wanting to advise us of Te Aro campus building and utility issues and faults, can complete a Building & Facilities Defect Form at the shop to:
- Advise us of building and utility issues and faults (i.e. damage, lights, rubbish, cleaning issues, locks, water leaks etc).
- Advice us of Student swipe card access problems and changes required.
Please remember urgent and critical faults should be immediately phoned through to Campus Services Ext 6600.
If there is a charge for items or services to students, it is passed on at cost price, 3D digital equipment is significantly subsidised rates. The Technical Resource Centre accepts cash, cheque or EFTPOS.