Trimester 1 (2013)
Trimester 2 (2013)
July 16 (2012)
January 5 (2013)
NB: University of California applications should be submitted as early as possible, no later than May 28 and Nov 25
Some Host Universities have a yearly intake only and will require you apply by Jan 5 for exchange during Trimester 2 or Trimester 1 the following year. Please check the notes under you chosen universities to see if this applies to you.
- Research which university you would like to attend, taking into account the course offerings, location, cost of living, language, cultural difference of the host university and country - most of this information can be found on the host university's website.
- Complete an application form and the two required motivational essays and submit them in person to the Exchange Office or by e-mail. If the Exchange Office has any concerns regarding your application they will contact you and may ask you to attend an interview.
- All students who meet the eligibility requirements for Vic OE will be invited to attend an interview before their final nomination to a host university.
- An Orientation Session is held for students heading on exchange the following trimester. Exchange Contracts are distributed.
- Course negotiations with your School and Faculty begin (the Exchange Contract process).
- Completed Exchange Contracts returned to the Vic OE Office.
- Students are provided with the host university application materials and complete and submit host application materials to the Vic OE Office.
- Acceptance letters arrive from host university.
- Students attend a Pre-Departure Event.
- Students enrol in their Exchange Code at VUW, complete an Application for Overseas Study Form for Studylink (in conjunction with the Vic OE Office).
- Students apply for visas, purchase tickets, insurance etc.
NB: Students applying for an exchange in Trimester 2 should still enrol in courses at VUW for Trimesters 1 and 2 before the deadline (10 January, or December for limited entry courses).......................more
The Dominion Post Global Citizen Exchange Blog
Read Vic OE's student blog site -Click here
New Exchange Locations
Mahidol University International College, Thailand, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, Japan, Nankai University, China, Peking University HSBC Business School, China, University of Reunion Island, France, East China Normal University, China, Sciences Po Paris, France.
See Vic OE students' photos and videos on Facebook!
Click here to join the Vic OE group and check out what others did on their Vic OE.