Teachers are among the most influential members of the community helping to lay the foundations for success in education and in life for the students they teach.
The Faculty of Education offers pathways for both undergraduate and graduate students into teaching.
Students can choose a degree that incorporates teaching practice with undergraduate study.
The options are:
- Bachelor of Education(Teaching) Early Childhood - a 3 year full time on campus undergraduate qualification for students who wish to train as early childhood teachers.
- Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Teaching - a 4 year full time on campus undergraduate qualification for students who wish to combine BA study with training to teach at primary and secondary level.
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Teaching - a 4 year full time on campus undergraduate qualification for students who wish to combine BSc study with training to teach at primary and secondary level.
The Faculty offers one year teacher education programmes for those who have completed an undergraduate degree and wish to train as a teacher.
Graduate Diploma of Teaching
The Graduate Diploma of Teaching is available in Early Childhood, Primary, Secondary and Adult Literacy and Numeracy and can be completed either on campus or online.
- Graduate Diploma of Teaching (Early Childhood)
- Graduate Diploma of Teaching (Primary)
- Graduate Diploma of Teaching (Secondary)
- Graduate Diploma of Teaching (Adult Literacy and Numeracy)
For more information visit our Graduate Diploma Homepage.
Master of Teaching and Learning
From 2015 the Faculty will be offering a one year internship based Master of Teaching and Learning. Students will study either Primary or Secondary teaching while based in a school in the Wellington region. The qualification will not be available online as all students will need to attend classes on campus one day per week. The programme is currently subject to final approval.
Enrolments will open on 1 October 2014 to commence study in January 2015.
Please contact the Student and Academic Services team for more information.
|Frequently Asked Questions|| (PDF 147KB)