Research Projects and Reports
On this Page:
- Longitudinal research on the impact of New Zealand's standards-based NCEA on student motivation.
- An investigation of factors associated with undergraduate study as part of international student exchange agreements.
- Tertiary assessment policy and practices including student experiences and programme approaches to assessment.
- Educational strategies to support evidence-based numeracy policy and practice related to positive student outcomes.
- Effective interventions to address behavioural challenges at all levels of schooling.
- Research on autism and on alternative augmentations communication development.
- Investigations of effective professional development and teacher practices in gifted education, early childhood education, secondary assessment, intercultural language teaching, Māori education, and e-learning teaching and assessment.
- An investigation into Asian dimensions in New Zealand's initial teacher education programmes.
- Evaluation research on effective professional development for teachers to engage in culturally responsive pedagogy.
- International research on Global - Mindedness among undergraduates across the disciplines in four countries.
- Research to discover if there is a need for augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) among adults with intellectual disability.
- Investigations into quality provisions for infants and toddlers in early childhood education and care settings.
- Commissioned literature reviews on a range of topics including the involvement of children in educational research and what counts for quality for under-three year olds in early childhood settings.
- Evaluation of Te Kotahitanga: 2004-2008, Final Report. http://edcounts.squiz.net.nz/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/78966/955_TK-Evaluation_V2-16082010.pdf
- Evaluation of the Early Childhood Education Information and Communication Technologies Professional Learning Programme (ECE ICT PLP)
- Intercultural Communicative Language Teaching: Implications for Effective Teaching and Learning
- Involving Children and Young People in Research in Educational Settings
- Quality early childhood education for under-two-year-olds: What should it look like? A literature review.
Motivation and Achievement at Secondary School - The relationship between NCEA design and student motivation and achievement: A Three-Year Follow-Up
Research project on International Student Exchanges – Sending our Students Overseas (2008)
- What’s special about teaching and learning in the first years? Summary report. Wellington. Teaching Learning Research Initiative.
Ongoing externally-funded grants our academic staff have received:
Averill, Robin: Learning the Work of Ambitious Mathematics Teaching
Bourke, Roseanna: Self Assessment in Tertiary Education
Chu, Cherie: Pasifika Learners and Success in Tertiary Education
Chu, Cherie:An Analysis of Recent Pasifika Education Research Literature to Inform Improved Outcomes for Pasifika Learners
Hynds, Anne: National Evaluation of He Kākano, Professional Development for Leaders in Secondary Schools
Meyer, Luanna: Longitudinal Evaluation of NCEA Course Endorsements
Sheehan, Mark: Motivating Secondary School History Students
Sigafoos, Jeff:Enhancing Communication Intervention for Children with Autism