Faculty Research Committee
On this page:
The combined FHSS-FoE Research Committee deliberates on matters relevant to the Faculty regarding research and postgraduate students to support the research portfolio of the Faculty. The committee oversees the Research Development Capability Fund through the Research Development Committee.
Apart from formulating research policies for the Faculty, the Research Committee also recommends Education students for scholarship selection and PhD enrolment.
PhD and scholarships applications are reviewed and ranked by a sub-committee of the Faculty Research Committee.
All applications for PhDs should be submitted through the Faculty of Graduate Research. See Postgraduate Study for more information.
The Faculty of Education has services, support networks and staff with expertise to enhance the Research portfolio of the Faculty. For further information see the Research section.
The Victoria University of Wellington's Faculty of Education adopted a comprehensive Research Development Implementation Plan, which provides our developing framework for the Faculty strategy and activities towards enhancing our education research profile and portfolio. The plan was launched at Open Forums in April 2005 building on five research goals:
- National and international recognition for excellence in selected areas according to identified strengths
- Significant contributions to educational research
- Significant contributions to Research-Led Teaching university-wide, including the enhancement of research on teaching and learning at tertiary level across the disciplines
- Attainment of advanced research degrees by all staff teaching at degree level
- Attainment of research-active status by all staff teaching at degree level.
To achieve these goals a comprehensive set of development and support initiatives was designed. Revisions and refinements to the Plan and the initiatives themselves will be ongoing as needs arise.