Prof Jules Moloney
Head of School - Architecture
School of Architecture
Phone: 04 463 6232
Location: Room 328, 139 Vivian Street, Te Aro Campus
BArch (Hons), MA Westminster, PhD Melb
My current research interests include:
- the impact of digital technology on design theory and practice
- mixed reality visualization and auralization
- parametric / generative design theory and practice
- kinetic design theory and practice
Current Research Projects
- digital and physical prototypes of kinetic facades
- mixed reality design environments to improve design decision making
- concepts of digital phenomena and drawing code
Moloney, J. (2011). Designing kinetics for Architectural Facades: State Change. Routledge. London and New York. For more information see http://www.kineticarch.net/statechange/
Moloney, J. (2011). Literal and Notional Force Fields in Architecture. Journal of Architecture. 16:2. (pp. 213-219).
Moloney, J. (2010). Mixed Reality and Curatorial Design: From Existing practice to the Nomad_Tech Museum. Proceedings of Electronic Visualization in the Arts. London. (pp. 239 – 243).
Introvert with Teeth (2010). Physical model exhibited as part of the international touring exhibition, Inside Out. Curators Claire Smith and Martin Rieser. Object Gallery, Sydney, Aus. 5 June – 25 July 2010 ; DMU Cube Gallery, Leicester, UK, 1st – 21st Sept. 2010 ; Righton Gallery, Manchester, UK, 4th - 26th Nov. 2010.