Joan Stevens Hall
A first-year hall in the central city, Joan Stevens is committed to developing a culture that encourages involvement, responsibility and achievement.
Operated by Victoria University of Wellington
- Overview: A high-rise building housing 242 residents with mostly single bedrooms. There are a small number of en-suite bedrooms for those with a particular need.
- Bedrooms: All bedrooms are fully furnished and heated with communal facilities at the centre of each floor. All 11 floors have a large common room with a kitchenette, study area, television, DVD player and couches.
- Distance: Joan Stevens’ central location means it is a 10-minute walk to Kelburn Campus, five-minute walk to Pipitea Campus and a 15-minute walk to Te Aro Campus. We have 24/7 camera surveillance around the perimeter and swipe card access is required to enter the building.
|Room Type||Weekly||38 Weeks|
Fees quoted are for 2014 and may change for 2015.
- Fee includes electricity, heating, internet and water charges.
- The accommodation fees are payable in advance in four instalments throughout the academic year. If you do not have a New Zealand financial guarantor then you are required to pay for each trimester upfront.
- The Residential Assistants provide academic help, care and support, and live on-site. Study groups and floor events are available and exercise is encouraged to promote a balanced lifestyle.
- Sky lounge, music room with piano, architecture and design space, table tennis and gaming consoles available.
- Facilities are available for students with disabilities.
- Catering: The communal dining room serves three meals a day from Monday to Friday, and brunch and dinner during the weekend. Vegetarian options, late dinners and packed lunches are also offered. Kitchenettes are available in every common room with hot water, microwave and fridge.
- Telephone: A telephone is available in every common room with free local calling.
- Internet: Wireless internet is available hall-wide and usage is through the University.
- Furniture: Basic furniture and whiteware is provided by Joan Stevens Hall. For a list of chattels provided, please view their Resident Handbook. Items that are not provided by the hall will need to be supplied by the residents.
- Laundry: Communal coin-operated laundries consisting of washing machines, dryers and tubs are available.
- Parking: Residents can store bicycles in a safe area. A secured carpark area is also available at cost.
Please note that items in the photos, other than what is provided by Joan Stevens Hall, are the students' own.