Set beside the cable car in pleasant hillside grounds, Everton Hall accommodates 189 residents in fully furnished apartment-style flats and houses.
Operated by Campus Living Villages
- Overview: Fully furnished five-bedroom flats in apartment-style buildings plus six flats of varying sizes in houses within the grounds. All original flats have undergone major internal refurbishments over the last two summers.
- Bedrooms: 189 fully furnished single study bedrooms plus three one-bedroom flats suitable for couples. TVs and microwaves are not provided.
- Distance: Everton Hall is a five-minute walk to Kelburn Campus and 20 minutes to Pipitea Campus.
- Eligibility: Everton Hall offers an ideal environment for mature first-year and returning students. Groups of two to five people or individual applications are welcome. The Hall also offers an ideal transition between first-year halls and private flatting. Single trimester residence may be available for those starting or finishing studies mid-year.
|Room Type||Weekly||38 Weeks|
|1 bedroom apartment||$285||$10,830|
Fees quoted are for 2016 and may change for 2017.
- Residents pay own electricity.
- The accommodation fees are payable in advance in four instalments throughout the academic year. If you do not have a New Zealand financial guarantor then you are required to pay for each trimester upfront.
- The Hall offers a supportive community that encourages residents to meet each other and study groups are arranged as required.
- There are indoor sports facilities (table tennis, volleyball, basketball, and pool table), a music practice room with a piano, a TV lounge, snacks and drink vending machines, and garden setting with BBQ areas.
- Contact Everton Hall or the Accommodation Service to discuss any special needs.
- Catering: Residents self-cater.
- Telephone: Telephone use at residents' own expense.
- Internet: Wireless internet access available at residents' own expense.
- Furniture: Basic furniture and whiteware is provided by Everton Hall. For a list of chattels provided, please view their Resident Handbook. Items that are not provided by the hall will need to be supplied by the residents.
- Laundry: Communal laundry available with free washing machines and token-operated dryers ($1). Outside clothes lines are also available.
- Parking: Uncovered parking available at a weekly charge of $15. Storage is available for bikes and other similar items.
Please note that items in the photos, other than what is provided by Everton Hall, are the students' own.