Rutherford House timeline
The project timeline for Victoria’s redevelopment of Rutherford House shows the different stages of the building project.
- November 2014
- Work started to prepare the site, including the relocation of underground services.
- December 2014
- Work started on a new entrance on the Bunny Street side of the building.
Demolition work started on the ground and mezzanine floors.
Foundations laid in preparation for the annexe and extensions on the Lambton Quay side of the building.
- February 2015
- Hoardings erected on the Lambton Quay side of the building, behind which a new entrance and retail areas will be built.
Piling work well underway.
- April 2015
- Foundations for the new annexe building are being laid.
- July 2015
- The Bunny Street Entrance is opened and partially refurbished with blue stone pavers to be installed over Trimester 3 2015/2016.
- August 2015
- The annexe structure for the new library begins to take shape.
- October 2015
- The refurbishment and fit out of the first four levels of the main Rutherford House tower begins.
- January 2016
- New retail outlets open.
The Commerce Faculty Office and Mauri Ora move from Railway West Wing to their new spaces on the ground and mezzanine floors of Rutherford House.
- March 2016
- The Bunny Street entrance gets new furniture.
- November 2016
- The refurbishment and fit out of the first four levels of the main Rutherford House tower is completed.
The new annexe is completed.
The new library on the ground floor of the annexe is opened with new furniture. All work is completed in time for the start of Trimester One 2017.